PDF Editor Pro for Mac
PDF Editor Pro for Mac adds OCR technology and 6-in-1 PDF conversion functions on the basis of standard version. Pro version provides you a smarter way to deal with PDF documents.
Note: This version is for Mac OS X, if you are using聽Windows OS, please get聽PDF Editor
The best Acrobat Alternative to edit PDF files effortlessly on Mac.It can make scanned PDF files editable and searchable with OCR (Optical Character Recognition), add and modify text and images easily within PDF files, export PDF to Word, Excel, PPT, EPUB, HTML, etc. It has full PDF Editing Features, can convert PDF to Multiple Format, markup and annotate.Markup and annotate PDF files flexibly.
Learn More about OCR: 聽http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_character_recognition
High quality yet affordable. Edit PDF as per your desires. OCR is supported.
Let you search, correct, and copy the text in a scanned PDF
Edit PDF Files
Make changes to text, images and formatting within PDF files
Convert PDF Files
Convert PDF to the most popular document formats
Review, annotate and mark up PDF files flexibly
* Extract text from scanned PDF to make the content searchable and editable.
*聽Edit text, images directly within PDF files.
*聽Convert PDF files to Office documents, EPUB files, HTML pages and Text files.
*聽Add text, images, and signatures into PDF files.
*聽Add multiple annotations and comments on PDF files.
*聽Highlight, underline, and strike through text in PDF files.
*聽Reformat the layouts by drag-and-drop.
- Outstanding OCR accuracy and format preservation
- OCR enables you to search, correct, and copy the text in a scanned or image PDF directly
- Support 17 recognition languages: English, Turkish, Greek, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Czech, Slovak, Ukrainian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Romanian, and Catalan
Edit PDF Files
- Add, modify or delete text in PDF files (support editing text only in English)
- Drag and drop text block or images to change the layouts
- Insert images or digital signature into PDF files (JPEG, PNG, TIF, and BMP)
- Crop, resize, move, delete images in PDF files
- Edit PDF bookmarks and properties
Export PDF to 6 popular document formats
- Export PDF files to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, EPUB, HTML and Text
- Preserve text, images, tables, columns, etc. after conversion
- Support encrypted PDF file conversion
- Support Microsoft Office for Mac 2008/2011
- Annotate with Sticky Note and Text Box to share comments
- Add shape annotations, including Arrow, Line, Rectangle, Oval, Polygon, and Cloud
- Add free-hand drawings with Pencil and Eraser
- Edit inner links and hyperlinks in PDF files
- Markup PDF text with text tools, including highlight, underline, and strikethrough
- Allow you to customize: annotation color, markup color, line-thickness, line-style, etc.
- Support Adobe PDF 1.0-1.7
- Support opening 10 PDF files simultaneously
- View PDF files as an intuitive PDF reader
- Support searching in PDF files, and highlighting the results
- Support emailing current document as attachment to others
- Standalone, do not require additional software
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6 or 10.7
- Processor: 1Ghz Processor (2Ghz Recommended)
- RAM: 1GB (2 GB recommended)
- Available Hard Drive Space: 1GB or above
Optical Character Recognition, usually abbreviated to OCR, is the mechanical or electronic translation of scanned images of handwritten, typewritten or printed text into machine-encoded text. It is widely used to convert books and documents into electronic files, to computerize a record-keeping system in an office, or to publish the text on a website. OCR makes it possible to edit the text, search for a word or phrase, store it more compactly, display or print a copy free of scanning artifacts, and apply techniques such as machine translation, text-to-speech and text mining to it.
How to perform OCR to scanned PDF files?
Once you open a scanned PDF file with PDF Editor Pro for Mac, you will get the window box below to ask you if you want to perform OCR to the current file. Just select the language of the PDF file and click聽Perform OCR button, PDF Editor Pro for Mac can automatically OCR your scanned PDF file and make the text editable and searchable.
You can also OCR the scanned PDF file later by choosing聽Edit > OCR Document from the top menu. The OCR process will be finished in seconds, and then you can get the text-based PDF file.
How to edit PDF text?
Click聽Touchup Tool on the toolbar and double click on the text you want to edit. You can correct, insert, or delete the text when the text is in an editable block and the cursor becomes I-beam pointer.
1. If you can鈥檛 edit some text in unrestricted PDF files, you may encounter the embedded fonts. Then you need to auto-match or select an available system font for the selected text before editing the text.
2. If you want to edit text on a scanned PDF file, you need to聽perform OCR before editing.
How to export PDF to other document formats?
To export PDF to the editable formats you need, just click on the聽Convert icon on the toolbar. 聽And then choose the format you need to convert (.doc, .xls, .pptx, .html, .txt, .epub), page range you want to export, and output folder of the exported file in the pop-out box, after that clickConvert button, and PDF Editor Pro for Mac can help you quickly export PDF to the format you need.
Note: In order to export a scanned PDF to the editable formats, you need to聽perform OCR before conversion.
How to edit images in PDF files?
Click聽Customize to drag聽Insert Image to the toolbar. And then by clicking聽Insert Image icon on the toolbar, you can insert local images to the PDF file. And you can also crop, resize, move, and delete the images in the PDF file. The methods of editing images in PDF files with PDF Editor Pro for Mac are same as with the standard version, just click here to聽learn more details about how to edit images in PDF files>>
How to annotate PDF files on Mac?
Choose聽Annotate Tools on the toolbar, and you can markup or make annotations on your PDF files such as highlight/underline/strikethrough text, add sticky note, add text box, draw arrow, line, rectangle, cloud, etc. The methods of annotating PDF files with PDF Editor Pro for Mac are same as with the standard version, just click here to聽learn more details about how to annotate on PDF files>>
How to edit properties of PDF files?
Click聽Inspector in the toolbar, you can edit properties of your current PDF file in the pop-up window, including File Title, Author, Subject, and Keywords. Also you can find the security information here by switching the tab.
How to edit PDF bookmarks?
You can quickly add bookmarks for your PDF file by choosing Edit > Bookmark > Add Bookmark in the top menu bar. Or delete the existing bookmarks by selecting聽Edit > Bookmark > Remove Bookmark. The bookmarks you added can be viewed in the sidebar by choosing View > Sidebar > Bookmarks. The methods of editing PDF bookmarks with PDF Editor Pro for Mac are same as with the standard vewwwrsion, just here to learn more about editing bookmarks for PDF files>>